Meet Janice Lorrah
Candidate for Auditor of Accounts
I am COMPETENT, EXPERIENCED, and uniquely QUALIFIED to serve as Delaware’s State Auditor.
I am a product of public education, and I am proud to be the daughter of a public schoolteacher. I have a 7-year-old who I will always stand up for because I know children are our most precious resource.
As an attorney for 20 years who is certified in Forensic Accounting, I understand how to ask the right questions and how to look in the right places to expose waste and root out fraud. In my law practice, when financial irregularities disqualify senior citizens from receiving benefits, I review financial statements and follow the money until I find answers: were the expenditures legitimate or was the individual a victim of fraud? I check the books and find the crooks.
Having been a small business owner, I understand the value of a dollar and the importance of not wasting or mismanaging money. I’ve clipped coupons and fished under my sofa cushions for change to buy gas on more than one occasion. As a supervisor, I know how to manage a professional team where everyone is respected, and people are given the tools to get the job done.
- Bachelor of Arts, THE COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY, Journalism/Professional Writing, Magna Cum Laude
- Juris Doctor, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, High Honors (Top 5% of Class)
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Attorney for 20 years; holds licenses in 5 states
- Federal Clerk for the U.S. District of NJ
- Certificate in Forensic Accounting from AICPA
- Worked for both Democrats and Republicans
Connect With Us